TELEFILE for Mississippi Sales and Use Tax Returns with No Tax Due
If you file a Sales and/or Use Tax Zero Return, you are eligible to use our simple and convenient file-by-phone Telefile system. All that is needed is your tax number, a touch-tone phone, and your PIN (Personal Identification Number). Using Telefile is FREE!
Simple steps to filing your sales/use tax zero return:
- Have your sales and/or use tax number and PIN handy. You will also need to write down a confirmation number at the end of the phone call.
- Call 601.923.7831
- Press option 1 to Telefile for Sales/Use Tax Zero Returns
- At the next prompt, choose from the following options:
- - to file a zero sales/use tax return
- - to have your PIN resent to your address on file
- - to have a new PIN sent to your address on file
- - if you are a first time caller and need a PIN to use Telefile
- If you choose option 1, enter your nine digit tax number
- Follow the remaining prompts and enter information when requested
- At the end of the call a confirmation number will be given verifying that a sales or use tax zero return has been filed for the period entered. The confirmation number should be written down.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: If I owe tax, can I use Telefile to file and pay my sales/use tax?
A: No. Telefile is designed to accept only sales/use tax returns that have no tax due.
Q: I do not have a PIN. What should I do?
A: Call the Telefile line and chose option 4 to have a PIN assigned and mailed to your address on file. Please allow approximately five days for your PIN to arrive.
Q: What should I do if I have lost my PIN or can't find it?
A: Call the Telefile line and follow the prompts to have your current PIN resent to the mailing address on file. You may also have a new PIN sent to your address on file. Please allow approximately five days for your PIN to arrive.
Q: What happens if I enter my account number wrong or enter the wrong month for the filing period?
A: After each section of information is entered, Telefile will ask for the information to be verified. If it is incorrect, it can be corrected at that point.
Q: How often may I use the Telefile system?
A: You should use Telefile for each tax period that has a Sales/Use Tax Zero Return due.
Q: I keep very accurate records of sales tax returns sent to the Mississippi Department of Revenue. How can I prove I filed a return?
A: At the end of each successful Telefile call, you will be given a unique confirmation number. This number can be traced back to the Department of Revenue's confidential records indicating that you phoned in a zero return
under your account number using your Personal Identification Number.
Q: Can I file a zero return for my Withholding Tax Account?
A: No. At this
time, Telefile will only accept zero returns for Sales/Use Tax Accounts.
You may visit https://mstc.click2file.net/
to file and pay Withholding tax via the internet.
Q: How much does it cost to use Telefile? Using Telefile is free.
A: However, there is not a toll-free phone number to use.